Friday 29 July 2011

Electric boogaloo...

I'm trying to write at least once a week. It seems a great way to have a rant without being interrupted. We shall see.
Apparently we have to look forward to yet another price rise in the U.K. due to some issue or other. I can only assume that the energy companies are working harder than ever to make sure that we get the best service. That statement is,of course, complete bulls**t. Personally I have found that the internet age has caused the companies to prefer to get customers (I feel so special!) to log on and send the meter readings straight to the company. Sadly when I tried to set up an account the system wouldn't take my number ( there weren't enough spaces to even fit the numbers needed!). Fail.
You can also use the same kind of service over the phone line due to the automated system that I assume was state of the art 10 years ago!. After 5 attempts at telling HAL the readings needed a real human being appeared on the line to take the numbers. Apparently that is common practice. Hooray for technology!
I love the irony that all this time the whole green movement has been to save energy and cut costs while saving the planet and the energy companies raise their prices as some form of compensation to themselves.Very bizzare.

No comments:

Post a Comment