Monday 4 January 2010

Pen to paper!

As the New Year drink soaked piece of human existence know as
myself awoke on January 1st I realised that I needed a change. I
figured a good place to start was to actually try to keep to the New
Years resolutions that I had made a few days before and to write
some stuff down on a blog. The first part of the plan was to stop me
wheezing and avoiding my liver turning into a football and the
second part of the plan was to help stop my head potentially
exploding from all the raging bull crap that seems to be around us
all the time. I am assuming that this is a fairly decent and
therapeutic way of opening up the inbuilt steam valve that many of
us have. I must admit that this does seem to be the calmer
alternative to swearing at my T.V. screen when yet another idiot is
made famous on a reality show for basically being a dick or stepping
on yet another pile of dog crap that has been left to fester on the
floor near the sign that tells you to pick it up in the 1st place!
Strangely I'm now swearing at how bad my spelling has got but
praising the built in browser dictionary - swings and roundabouts (or
something!). I will be using this blog as my way of putting the good
and bad times in black and white for my own uses but hopefully
there will be some stuff in here that people will enjoy. Plus of
course it takes my mind off the smoking and drinking. Deepest
respects for anyone who has kicked any addiction. I feel like I have
given up drinking and smoking and taken up boring!
Well that's kicked off the initial "pen to paper" bit. Wasn't as painful
as I thought it was going to be. I think I'm getting too used to the
140 character Twitter chat boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment