Thursday 14 March 2013

Common Sense

    I recently went past a Church that needed to place a sign outside that read "Please do not exercise your dogs in the Cemetery". Apart from the fact that I would have liked the spelling to have been "exorcise" I would have thought it would have been something that really didn't have to be pointed out to the general public. It is one of those things that you notice as you walk aimlessly from point A to point B, the stupid little things I guess.
    In the same way that painted signs on a crossing tell you to look left and/or right to make sure that those big metal things on wheels won't turn you into mincemeat and you are also reminded on boxes that glass is indeed fragile, it feels a bit like we don't have to actually think for ourselves as much as we did in the past. Watch out, that HOT apple pie is HOTTTT! is the part where even the potential danger is put in the title of the product and you can bet someone is going to take a great big bite and exclaim in shock and despair "I've burnt the roof of my mouth".
    In a world where a guy burns his penis by using it to check the heat of the water coming out of a shower (in my day I use my hand, I'm whacky like that!) I guess we do need to have signs to avoid the entire human race flushing themselves down the nearest toilet!

1 comment:

  1. Bloody blame culture. It's ridiculous how people are unable to take responsibility for themselves any more.
    There is no hope for the younger generations.
    *sighs*

    ReplyDelete